Thursday, February 21, 2013

Now that my beach house is rented...

My mind is slipping to the ocean.  I do not think there is a day that goes by now that I am not counting down to the day we roll in and can see and smell and hear the water.  I can't wait.  This cold, gloominess that we have had this winter is really just not working for me.  I know for sure that all those days I wished for colder temps were just ridiculous.  I do not like this.  It has gotten so bad that I was looking for new jobs for my hubby, not that he is looking, but I found one in the Bahamas!  Perfect!  Now if only he was qualified for it.  Hmmm...

Anyway, out come the beach pictures from last year.  Yay!  I am so glad I take so many pictures each trip!


No, it is not crooked, well, it is, but on purpose.  The kraft background is straight.  These girls cracked me up walking the beach like it was a catwalk.  Like they owned it.  Because it is home to us.  Plus this was from our trip in September when the beach was pretty empty, so they could be a goofy as they wanted.



For this page, I used the 6x6 paper pads from Dear Lizzy's 5th & Frolic and some Amy Tangerine Sketchbook collections.  I just punched different stars and spiraled them around my page.  Then I stitched them with my sewing machine three times.



I added lots more American Crafts embellishments from Lucky Charm and My Girl.  And of course, THICKERS!

Well, on to dreaming and counting down the days.

What are you looking forward to?  We can dream together!

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Adore this! Gotta love stars and the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness!!! I LOVE how you did the stars in a spiral! What a wonderful idea!! Thanks SO much for the inspiration. You truly are an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful...and peaceful...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo blends with the background, as if the whole page was the beach.
    I'm looking forward June ... sun, sea, new place to spend vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful layout with the stitched stars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving this layout! The stitching seals it for me!

    ReplyDelete